Check-in will begin at 9:00 a.m. First session begins at 10:00 a.m. The last session will end at 4:15 p.m.
Presentations for the Conference will consist of Lectures (classroom style), Workshops (hands-on lecture), and Panel Discussions (Q&A). Breakout sessions run one hour with a 15-minute break.
9:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. Check-in Registration – Founders Ballroom Lobby
9:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. Coffee, Breakfast Snacks, Networking – Ballroom A
9:45 a.m. Morning Welcome from Michael Dwyer – Ballroom A
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Session One
- Amazon Trends You Need to Know: Sylvia Hubbard – LECTURE – Ballroom A
- Literary Agent Panel – Meet the Agents: Carrie Howland and Linda S. Glaz, Moderated by Lisa Howard – PANEL DISCUSSION – Ballroom B
11:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Break*
11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Session Two
- Indie-Publishing Panel: Danielle Bernock, David Stricklen, Brenda Hasse, and Moderated by Terry Hojnacki – PANEL DISCUSSION – Ballroom B
- Writing and Publishing Personal Essays: Lev Raphael – LECTURE – Ballroom C (east)
- Making Your First Page Pop! Linda S. Glaz – WORKSHOP – Ballroom C (west)
12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. Lunch & Conversation – Ballroom A
1:15 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. Dare To Believe Keynote Speaker Danielle Bernock – Ballroom A
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Session Three
- Ask the Editor: Terry Hojnacki and Lisa Howard – PANEL DISCUSSION – Ballroom B
- Inspiration, Conception, Completion and Distribution of Independent Middle Grade (MG) Fiction: David Stricklen – LECTURE – Ballroom C (east)
- I get by with a little help from my … Literary Agent?: Carrie Howland – LECTURE – Ballroom C (west)
3:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. Break*
3:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. Session Four
- Writing a Book will Change Your Life – Are You Ready? Danielle Bernock – LECTURE – Ballroom A
- Making The Most of Your Book Signing: Brenda Hasse – WORKSHOP – Ballroom C (east)
- First Page Critiques: Terry Hojnacki – WORKSHOP – Ballroom C (west)
*Breaks allow presenters to set-up for the next session and offer attendees a chance to visit the restroom, grab a fresh coffee, and network with other writers. Bring business cards. Presenters’ books will be available for purchase in the registration room.
Please Note: All events take place in the Founders Ballrooms of the Oakland Center at Oakland University (2200 N Squirrel Road, Rochester, MI 48309). Use parking lot 1 (P1) and walk East for the shortest distance into the Oakland Center. The Oakland Center is positioned between the parking lot and the Clock Tower. Look for Bright Yellow Signs. The Oakland Center is #13 on the Campus Map.