Please Note: All events take place in the Oakland Center of Oakland University (2200 N Squirrel Road, Rochester, MI 48309). Use parking lot 2 and walk south (opposite the pond) for the shortest distance into the Oakland Center. In addition, use parking lot 1 (the big lot off Squirrel Road) and walk east toward the building. The Oakland Center is positioned between the lots and the Clock Tower. Look for Bright Yellow Signs. Look on the Campus Map for more details.
Room 1 is Gold Rooms B&C | Room 2 is the Oakland Room
9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Check-in Registration (coffee, tea, water, snacks)
Pick up your name badge and program
9:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. Session One
- Room 1 – How to Interview your Characters – Presented by Linda Angér – WORKSHOP
- Room 2 – The Art of Dialogue – Presented by Lynne Golodner – LECTURE
11:00 a.m. – 12:15 a.m. Session Two
- Room 1 – How to Create Characters who will come Alive in your Novel – Presented by Lin Klaassen -LECTURE
- Room 2 – How Supporting Characters and their Subplots Support the Hero’s Primary Journey – Presented by Dr. Stanley Williams – LECTURE
12:30 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. Luncheon & Genre Networking
1:15 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Contest Awards
1:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Session Three
- Room 1 – Character’s Body Language – Presented by Lin Klaassen – LECTURE
- Room 2 – A Family of Characters – Presented by Lisa Lenzo, Lolita Hernandez, & L.E. Kimball, and Moderated by Lisa Howard – PANEL DISCUSSION
3:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Session Four
- Room 1 – Creating an Emotional Roller Coaster for your Readers through your Hero’s Journey – Presented by Dr. Stanley Williams – LECTURE
4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Book Signings, Networking, & Goodbyes
We encourage all attendees to bring a fully charged laptop or tablet. Although not necessary, a computer will enhance the experience with a hands-on feel. Use the hashtag: #RochesterWriters before, during and after the event in your posts, likes, and tweets.
Fresh hot coffee and tea available throughout the day. Light breakfast snacks and a full lunch included with registration. Please contact us if you have special dietary concerns.
Attendees will be able to choose one presentation per session time at the conference. Schedule could change without notice – Rochester Writers reserves the right to add, subtract, or substitute any of the presentations and speakers. Thank you.