Check-in will begin at 8:30 a.m. Conference starts at 9:00 a.m. The last session will end at 4:15 p.m. Thank you.
Presentations for the Rochester Writers’ Conference will consist of Lectures (classroom style), Workshops (hands-on lecture) and Panel Discussions (Q&A).
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Check-in Registration
9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Morning Keynote Address “Made in Michigan” with Tom Daldin
9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Q&A with Tom Daldin followed by a Book Signing
10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. Break*
10:15 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Session One
- Meet the Agents – Carrie Howland, Cyle Young, Bethany Morehead – PANEL DISCUSSION
- How to Self-Publish Your Book and Do it Right – Weam Namou – LECTURE
- World Building – Colleen Gleason – WORKSHOP
11:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Break*
11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Session Two
- Telling the Story – Weam Namou, Stan Williams, John D. Lamb – PANEL DISCUSSION
- Promotional Podcasting – Jeff Large – LECTURE
- Presenting Your Personal Pitch – Lisa Howard – WORKSHOP
1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. Lunch
1:45 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Contest Awards
2:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. Afternoon Featured Speaker John D. Lamb “Lamb’s Song Assignments”
2:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Break*
3:00 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. Session Three
- Magazine Editors’ Panel – Jackie Headapohl, Christopher Blaker – PANEL DISCUSSION
- The Sequence Method of Nested Story Diamonds – Dr. Stan Williams – LECTURE
Feel Free to Network Until 5:00 p.m.
*Breaks allow presenters to set-up for the next session and offer attendees a chance to visit the restroom, grab a fresh coffee, and network with other writers. Bring business cards. Presenters’ books will be available for purchase in the registration room.
All events take place in the Oakland Center of Oakland University (2200 N Squirrel Road, Rochester, MI 48309). Use parking lot 2 (P2) and walk south (opposite the pond) for the shortest distance into the Oakland Center. In addition, use parking lot 1 off Squirrel Road (P1) and walk east toward the building. The Oakland Center is positioned between the lots and the Clock Tower. Look for Bright Yellow Signs. The Oakland Center is #13 on the printable version Campus Map.
Rochester Writers reserves the right to add, subtract, or substitute any of the presentations and speakers.