The Eleventh Annual Rochester Writers’ Conference
The Writers’ Life
Fiction, Non Fiction, and Business Topics presented as Lectures, Workshops, and Panel Discussions. Featuring Michigan Authors, Speakers, & Educators.
- Saturday | October 20, 2018 | 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Held in the Oakland Center at Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan
See the Full Schedule for October 20
- What’s My Genre? – An Overview of the Major Genres
- Memoir Writing – Freeing Your Personal Mythology
- The Independent Middle-Grade Author – From Inspiration to Distribution
- Author Readings – How to Prepare and Execute a Reading of Your Own Work
- Why Audio? Why Now? – Audio Book Publication
- Magazine Editor Panel
- What to do BEFORE Publishing Your Book – Choosing Your Path
- How to Produce a Podcast – A Live Podcast included with Author Interviews
- Twitter for Writers
- Literary Agent Panel
- Top 25 Publishing Trends
- Instagram for the #Instaless
- Lev Raphael
- Cindy LaFerle
- David Stricklen
- Devon Drake
- Mackenzie Flohr
- Mel Corrigan
- Jeff Large
- Zieva Konvisser
- Stephanie Steinberg
- Howard Meyerson
- Michael Dwyer
Literary Agents Include:
- Carrie Howland
- Hope Bolinger
- Alyssa Roat
- Bethany Morehead
Free Parking, All Day Refreshments, Morning Snacks, and Lunch are Included with Registration. Check-in will begin at 8:30 a.m. with the first session about 9:00 a.m. The conference will end by 5:00 p.m.
Attendees may bring a fully charged laptop or tablet. Although not necessary, a computer will enhance the experience with a hands-on feel. Use the hashtag: #RochesterWriters before, during and after the event in your posts, likes, and tweets.
Fresh hot coffee and tea available throughout the day. Light breakfast snacks and a full lunch included with registration. Please contact us if you have special dietary concerns. A charging station will be available for mobile devices in the registration area.
Attendees will be able to choose one presentation per session time at the conference. Schedule could change without notice – Rochester Writers reserves the right to add, subtract, or substitute any of the presentations and speakers. Thank you.
Please Note: All events take place in the Oakland Center of Oakland University (2200 N Squirrel Road, Rochester, MI 48309). Use parking lot 1 (P1) and walk East for the shortest distance into the Oakland Center. The Oakland Center is positioned between the parking lot and the Clock Tower. Look for Bright Yellow Signs. The Oakland Center is #13 on the Campus Map.