Crafting and Writing Characters
Saturday | April 23, 2016 | 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Held in the Oakland Center at Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan
- Linda Angér
- Stanley Williams
- Lin Klaassen
- Lynne Golodner
- Lisa Lenzo
- Lolita Hernandez
- L.E. Kimball
- How to Interview your Characters: Learn who your Characters are with Q&A
- Creating an Emotional Roller Coaster for your Readers through your Hero’s Journey
- How Supporting Characters and their Subplots Support the Hero’s Primary Journey
- How to Create Characters who will come Alive in your Novel: Using the Science of Western Face Reading to Craft your Character’s Look
- Character’s Body Language: Showing Emotion and Feeling by Writing Non-verbal Communication
- Crafting Believable Dialog: Giving your Characters Voice
- A Family of Character: Crafting Characters who are Related
View the Spring Conference Schedule
View the Speaker Handouts
We encourage all attendees to bring a fully charged laptop or tablet. Although not necessary, a computer will enhance the experience with a hands-on feel. Use the hashtag: #RochesterWriters before, during and after the event in your posts, likes, and tweets.
Fresh hot coffee and tea available throughout the day. Light breakfast snacks and a full lunch included with registration. Please contact us if you have special dietary concerns.
Attendees will be able to choose one presentation per session time at the conference. Schedule could change without notice – Rochester Writers reserves the right to add, subtract, or substitute any of the presentations and speakers. Thank you.