Check-in will begin at 8:30 a.m. Conference starts at 9:10 a.m. The last session will end at 4:45 p.m. Thank you.
Presentations for the Conference will consist of Lectures (classroom style), Workshops (hands-on lecture), and Panel Discussions (Q&A).
8:30 a.m. – 9:10 a.m. Check-in Registration – Founders Ballroom Lobby
8:30 a.m. – 9:25 a.m. Coffee, Breakfast Snacks, Networking – Ballroom A
9:10 a.m. – 9:25 a.m. Morning Welcome with Amanda Harrison Keighley – Ballroom A
9:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. Session One
- Literary Agent Panel – Meet the Agents: Carrie Howland and Cassie Mannes Murray, Moderated by Lisa Howard – PANEL DISCUSSION – Ballroom B
- How to ROCK on LinkedIn in 2019 and Beyond: Brenda Meller – WORKSHOP – Ballroom C
- The Courage, Power, and Tools to Write: Danielle Bernock – LECTURE – Ballroom D
10:45 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Break*
11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Session Two
- Traditional Publishing Panel – Magazines to Books: Theresa Falzone and Jennifer Baum, Moderated by Lisa Howard – PANEL DISCUSSION – Ballroom B
- Mystery Writing Essentials: Lev Raphael – LECTURE – Ballroom C
- The Independent Middle-Grade Author – Inspiration, conception, completion and distribution of independent middle-grade fiction: David Stricklen – LECTURE – Ballroom D
12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. Lunch & Conversation – Ballroom A
1:15 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Contest Awards – Ballroom A
1:30 p.m. – 1:50 p.m. Afternoon Featured Speaker – Ballroom A
- What is Your Brand Archetype? – Amy Zander
1:50 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Break*
2:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. Session Three
- Self-Publishing Panel: Danielle Bernock, Don Staley, and David Stricklen, Moderated by Sonya Julie – PANEL DISCUSSION – Ballroom B
- Turn that Book Up with Audio: Kelly Rinne – LECTURE – Ballroom C (REPEATED IN SESSION 4)
- The Importance of Blogging: Amy Zander – LECTURE – Ballroom D
3:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Break*
3:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. Session Four
- Query Letter Do’s and Don’ts: Carrie Howland and Cassie Mannes Murray – LECTURE – Ballroom B
- Turn that Book Up with Audio: Kelly Rinne – LECTURE – Ballroom C (REPEAT OF SESSION 3)
- The Mental Game of Getting Started, Sticking With it and Getting it Done: Don Staley – LECTURE – Ballroom D
*Breaks allow presenters to set-up for the next session and offer attendees a chance to visit the restroom, grab a fresh coffee, and network with other writers. Bring business cards. Presenters’ books will be available for purchase in the registration room.
Please Note: All events take place in the Founders Ballrooms of the Oakland Center at Oakland University (2200 N Squirrel Road, Rochester, MI 48309). Use parking lot 1 (P1) and walk East for the shortest distance into the Oakland Center. The Oakland Center is positioned between the parking lot and the Clock Tower. Look for Bright Yellow Signs. The Oakland Center is #13 on the Campus Map.