8:45 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. Check-in Registration, Coffee & Breakfast Snacks, Morning Networking (Founders Ballroom A)
9:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.Session One
- Is Self-publishing Right for You? Presented by Colleen Gleason. LECTURE (Founders Ballroom A)
11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Session Two
- How Legacy Publishing Drove Me Crazy (and I Found Some Sanity as an Indie). Presented by Lev Raphael. LECTURE (Founders Ballroom B)
Creating a Publishing TeamPresented by Weam Namou. LECTURE (Founders Ballroom C)
12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. Lunch (Founders Ballroom A)
1:15 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. Keynote Speaker
- Sylvia Hubbard – Why I’m a Self-Published Author (Founders Ballroom A)
2:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. Sessions Three
- Building an Indie Publishing Company. Presented by Diana Kathryn Plopa. LECTURE (Founders Ballroom B)
- Self-publishing: The Numbers. Presented by Mel Corrigan. LECTURE (Founders Ballroom C)
3:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. Sessions Four
- Publishing from Indie Author to International Distribution. Presented by Sylvia Hubbard. LECTURE (Founders Ballroom B)
- Myths & Facts of Self-Publishing. Diana Plopa, Weam Namou, and Mel Corrigan. PANEL DISCUSSION (Founders Ballroom C)
Feel Free to Network Until 5:00 p.m.
There will be 15-minute Breaks between sessions to allow presenters to set-up for the next session and offer attendees a chance to visit the restroom, grab a fresh coffee, and network with other writers. Bring business cards. Presenters’ books will be available for purchase in the registration room.
Please Note: All events take place in the Oakland Center of Oakland University (2200 N Squirrel Road, Rochester, MI 48309). Use parking Lot 1 (P1) off Squirrel Road and walk east toward the building. The Oakland Center is positioned between the lots and the Clock Tower. Look for Bright Yellow Signs. The Oakland Center is #13 on the printable version Campus Map.
Rochester Writers reserves the right to add, subtract, or substitute any of the presentations and speakers.